…and where in Sacramento to hear live music:
I recently wrote to my favorite Sacramento storytelling musician, Justin Farren. I couldn’t really tell my story properly without the soundtrack of one of his songs.
Once I shared with Justin Farren the highlights of my arrival in Sacramento, including
- being hit by a car while riding my bike;
- getting a 911 bill for being hit by a car;
- receiving, by mail, a ticket for being hit by the car, since the driver said it was my fault;
- successfully demonstrating to the judge through overabundant pictures and video of the intersection that my story was the true version;
- finally, discovering that my wobbly, car-crash bicycle had been stolen,
Justin tells great stories. Just listen to “Where did I leave my sweater?” or “Shade Tree”, two of his other funny songs, or any of his more contemplative material. When you see some sorry times, you more deeply appreciate the juxtaposition of humor that floats around the edges.
Thanks, Justin. Justin’s website (I wish I had a guitar icon here!)
Oh, yes – a couple of little places to hear live acoustic music in Sacramento:
- The Fox and Goose Pub, known for their amazing Sunday brunch, Guinness with a shamrock, and music. http://foxandgoosemusic.blogspot.com/
- Shine – a great little coffee house that serves as a literary, art, and music meeting place. http://shinesacramento.com/